Double Harmonic (Arabic) guitar fragments with Reverb

These are conceptual fragments of what may become a complete song as I practice what is my new favorite scale, the double harmonic scale, or 5th mode of Hungarian Minor. It's the scale used in Misirlou, which I was practicing when I came up with these. The first is an intro melody and the second a verse/chorus riff for a surf song. These are the first recordings made with my Behringer U-Phoria UM2 audio interface. For the cheapest audio interface on Amazon, I think it sounds decent. Behringer is a German company that makes audio gear. Their $10 headphones aren't very good though.

Of note is the fact that while Behringer claims this device is plug-and-play, you do in fact have to download a driver from an unadvertised, unlinked page on their site, the link to which I found on a forum, or the device will not work. However, after doing so, even with the zero-latency switch off, this device has almost no latency. I got it for less than $30 on sale, but I think it's closer to $45 or $50 normally. That's still half as much as what was previously the lowest tier for audio interfaces. So if it doesn't break in the first year I'll be happy with the purchase.


Intro Melody (track 1) and Overdrive Riff (track 2). Use arrows to skip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog